Shop this post:
- Length matters. In my opinion, the perfect duster hits somewhere between below the knee and above the ankle. Yes, this is a wide range! I am not a fan of longer cardigans that hit at the hip. I’ve never had luck with this length and believe most women struggle as it creates a visual effect that widens the hip area (typically, I’m wanting to minimize this area). If you fall in love with a duster that is on the longer side, but you have a shorter frame, pair it with heels or tall boots as this will help balance out the length.
- Don’t let the duster wear you! In most instances, pair the duster with skinny pants or jeans. Even dusters made out of the thinnest material can overwhelm almost any frame. Keeping the inside layer tighter creates balance and a more “put together” look.
- Elevate basics. My favorite outfit is all black everything. I also love a perfect fitting pair of jeans with a white top. When you throw a duster cardigan over either of these basic looks, you automatically add some drama (the good kind) to your style. Adding pieces like this to your closet help maximize the clothes you already own for a much smaller investment.
- Keep it simple. I recommend choosing a duster in a neutral color and without a flashy pattern. This will allow the length of the piece to be the focus.
- THIS one. On major sale and something special to add to your closet – love the black.
- Basic, but the pockets add some fun detail.
- Neutral must have.
- LOVE this one, especially the collar.
- This fabric is perfect for transitioning into spring.
- Satin trim and tie cuffs…so cute.
Photos by Walnut Street Photography.